Supporting materials for the Board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings Web page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 25, 2021, to consider and act on the agenda described below.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, March 25, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for February 11, 2021
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for February 25, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Order Adopting Polling Locations and Amended Order of Election
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Granting Authority to the Chancellor until July 1, 2021, to Establish Rules and Procedures He Deems Necessary and Appropriate to Combat the Spread of the COVID-19 Virus
- Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Authorizing the Chancellor to Negotiate, Execute and Close a Contract for the Sale of a 0.0649 Acre Tract on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $173,218.50
- Consideration and Approval of a Revised Resolution Expressing the Board of Trustees Commitment to Innovative Technology, Accessibility and Sustainability on New and Renovated Facilities (Continued from February 25, 2021 Board Meeting)
- Consideration and Approval of Vendor Pool for Executive Search and Recruitment Services with Initial Term of 3 Years and the Option to Renew for 2 Additional Years in the Annual Amount of $250,000.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Consideration and Approval of Use of a Cooperative Agreement with ABM of Texas, Inc. for District Grounds Maintenance at Select Locations in the Amount of $205,000.00 for a Period of Five Months
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Texas Refrigeration, Inc. for the Main Thermal System Piping Installation Project on South Campus in the Amount of $471,406.81
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with GFC Contracting for the Gymnasium Renovation and Pool Equipment at the Northeast Campus Physical Education Building in the Amount of $797,878.15
- Consideration and Approval of Job Order Contract General Contractor Pool with Master Agreements for Initial Terms of Two Years and the Establishment of Administrative Spending Limits
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Summary Update/Review of Income and Expenditures
- Review of Investment Portfolio
- Chancellor’s Report
- Update on Exercise of Authority
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Dr. Phillip Jenkins – DGBA Appeal
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
- Work Session Meeting: April 8, 2021
- Board Meeting: April 15, 2021
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 2:10 p.m. on March 22, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212