Supporting materials for the Board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings Web page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, December 17, 2020, to consider and act on the agenda described below.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, December 17, 2020, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for November 12, 2020
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for November 19, 2020
- Trustee Activities
- Finance & Audit Committee Report
- Consideration and Approval of Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Elsevier, Inc. for the Spring 2021 Nursing Cohort Enrollment Training in the Amount of $142,332.50
- Consideration and Approval of Purchase of Assessment Technology Institute (ATI) for the Spring 2021 Nursing Cohort Graduating in Fall 2022, in the Amount of $135,150.00
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Freedom Construction for Classroom Upgrades and Mechanical Exhaust Systems on South Campus in the Amount of $170,758.69
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Chambers Engineering, LLC for Sidewalk and Traffic Modifications on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $214,603.43
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Freedom Construction for Classroom Renovation on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $183,767.23
- Consideration and Approval of Interim Agreement with Perkins & Will for Re-Development Design Services on Southeast Campus in the Amount of $265,530.00
- Consideration and Approval of Interim Agreement with Jacobs for District Bond Program Owners Representative Contract in the Not To Exceed Amount of $441,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Amended and Restated Participation Agreement to Authorize Tarrant County College District Participation in River Oaks Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #1 and Appointment of Representatives
- Consideration and Approval of Payment of Tarrant County College District’s Pro-Rata Allocation of the Tarrant Appraisal District 2021 Budget for Services Associated with Levying a Property Tax in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,296,634.01
- Consideration and Acceptance of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Years Ended August 31, 2020 and 2019
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Summary Update/Review of Income and Expenditures
- Review of Investment Portfolio
- Chancellor’s Report
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Mr. Felipe Maldonado
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
- Work Session Meeting: January 14, 2020
- Board Meeting: January 21, 2020
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 2:15 p.m. on December 14, 2020
Media Contact: 817-515-5212