Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Work Session Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 10, 2021, to consider and act on the following Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail email@example.com on or before 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday, June 10, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Review of Board Business Items
- TCC Foundation Board Appointment
- Audit and Finance Committee Appointment
- May 12, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes
- May 13, 2021 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- May 20, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Overview
- Review of Proposed Consent Agenda Items for Board Meeting on June 17, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Granting Authority to the Chancellor until October 1, 2021, to Establish Rules and Procedures He Deems Necessary and Appropriate to Combat the Spread of the COVID-19 Virus.
- Consideration and Approval of Contract Renewal with Veracity Aviation, LLC. for Professional Helicopter Flight Training for Professional Pilot Program for Two Years in the Amount of $500,000.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Engagement with McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc., as Agent for Owner’s Protective Professional Indemnity (OPPI) Supplemental Insurance for the NW Campus Re-Development Project for 5 Yrs Estimated Amount of $232,500.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P. for External Financial Auditing Services for an Initial Term of Two (2) Years with a Total Cost of $290,000.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with PFM Financial Advisors, LLC and Tijerina Galvan Lawrence for Financial Advisory Services for 2 Years with Options to Renew 3 Additional Years for Cost Up to $500,000 in Conjunction with Future Bond Sales.
- Ratification of Agreement with FW Transportation Authority for Student Transportation; Chancellor to Execute a Letter of Commitment to Substitute Funds from the North Central TX Council of Governments; Remit Funds to TCC Foundation for Scholarships.
- Consideration and Approval of Elsevier Nursing Assessment Tools for the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 Nursing Cohorts for a Total Amount of $370,000.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of Assessment Technology Institute (ATI) Skills Building Products for the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 Nursing Cohorts for a Total Amount $325,000.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Shimadzu Medical Systems, Inc. for the Purchase of a Shimadzu X-Ray Machine in the Amount of $194,000.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. for the Purchase of a Nuclear Medicine Gamma Camera in the Amount of $260,804.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Learning Care Group for the Child Care Assistance Program in the Amount of $416,000,00.
- Consideration and Approval of 3-year Enterprise Agreement for Cisco Unified Communications with General Datatech, L.P. for a Total Amount of $695,131.20 (Annual cost of $231,710.40).
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Lumen (CenturyLink) for District-wide Telephone Services at the TCCD Data Center on the Trinity River Campus and TCCD’s Overflow Site in Allen, TX, for 3 Year in the Amount of $278,928.00.
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on June 17, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Multiple Firms for Professional, Qualified Practitioners/Learning Organizations for Training to the Business Community for 2 Years with Three 1 Year Options to Renew Up to an Annual Amount of $1,000,000.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with US Aviation Group for Pilot Flight Training for Professional Pilot Program for Three Years in the Amount of $2,000,000.00.
- Consideration of Contract with Prestige Elevator Company for Elevator Maintenance and Repair Services for an Initial Twenty-Six (26) Month Term in the Amount of $304,772.00 and Total 5 Years and 2 Months Amount of $726,764.00.
- Consideration and Approval of an Amendment to the Contract with Beck Architecture for the Districtwide Wayfinding and Signage in the Amount of $561,580.40.
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Skanska USA Building Inc. for Buildings 1 and 2 of the Redevelopment Construction Project on the Northwest Campus in the Amount of $105,134,731.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Construction Contract with Chambers Engineering for the Trinity River Parking Garage and the Trinity River Campus East Parking Lot Improvements in the Amount of $1,211,696.00.
- Consideration and Approval of Construction Manager Agreement, General Conditions and Exhibits with Byrne/Potere/Hunt, Joint Venture, Inc. for Pre-Construction Services at SE Campus Renovation/Expansion, in the Amount of $125,000.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of the Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with Perkins + Will, Inc. for Additional Design Services on the Southeast Campus Renovation and Expansion Project, in the Amount of $5,863,765.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of the Amendment to the Agreement with Jacobs Project Management Company for Asset Management Support Related to the 2019 Bond Program in the Amount of $2,040,610.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Report of the Chancellor
- Schedule of Upcoming Facility and Information Technology Projects
- Briefing: District Investment Policy
- Briefing: 2021-2022 Budget
- Informational Memo: Monthly Bond Program Report
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 12:45 p.m. on June 7, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212