Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Work Session Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 11, 2021, to consider and act on the following Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday, March 11, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Review of Board Business Items
- February 11, 2021 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- February 25, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Consideration and Approval of Order Adopting Polling Locations and Amended Order of Election
- Chancellor Review Committee Report
- Chancellor’s Overview
- Review of Proposed Consent Agenda Items for Board Meeting on March 25, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Granting Authority to the Chancellor until July 1, 2021, to Establish Rules and Procedures He Deems Necessary and Appropriate to Combat the Spread of the COVID-19 Virus
- Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Authorizing the Chancellor to Negotiate, Execute and Close a Contract for the Sale of a 0.0649 Acre Tract on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $173,218.50
- Consideration and Approval of a Revised Resolution Expressing the Board of Trustees Commitment to Innovative Technology, Accessibility and Sustainability on New and Renovated Facilities (Continued from February 25, 2021 Board Meeting)
- Consideration and Approval of Vendor Pool for Executive Search and Recruitment Services with Initial Term of 3 Years and the Option to Renew for 2 Additional Years in the Annual Amount of $250,000.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on January 21, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Use of a Cooperative Agreement with ABM of Texas, Inc. for District Grounds Maintenance at Select Locations in the Amount of $205,000.00 for a Period of Five Months
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Texas Refrigeration, Inc. for the Main Thermal System Piping Installation Project on South Campus in the Amount of $471,406.81
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with GFC Contracting for the Gymnasium Renovation and Pool Equipment at the Northeast Campus Physical Education Building in the Amount of $797,878.15
- Consideration and Approval of Job Order Contract – General Contractor Pool with Master Agreements for Initial Terms of Two Years and the Establishment of Administrative Spending Limits
- Report of the Chancellor
- Schedule of Upcoming Facility and Information Technology Projects
- Briefing: Regional Black Contractors Association
- Briefing: Designing the Student-Centric Learning Experience
- Informational Item/Briefing: Racial Profiling
- Briefing: Quarterly Bond Program Update
- Briefing: Crowley Tax Increment Financing District #1 Project and Financing Plan Amendment and Extension
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 1 p.m. on March 8, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212