Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Work Session Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, January 14, 2021, to consider and act on the following Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail email@example.com on or before 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday, January 14, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Review of Board Business Items
- December 10, 2020 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- December 17, 2020 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Order for May 1, 2021 Trustee Election for Districts #1, #2, and #3
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Order for Election Services for May 1, 2021 Trustee Elections
- Chancellor’s Overview
- Review of Proposed Consent Agenda Items for Board Meeting on January 21, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with AVOTECH for 10 Units of Avotek Trainers for the Aviation Maintenance Technician Program, in the Amount of $139,454.00
- Consideration and Approval of Amendments to CF(LOCAL) and CM(LOCAL) Related to Procurement Policies
- Consideration and Approval for the Elimination of Fund Balance Designations for Insurance, Future Operating and Future Capital
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Granting Authority to the Chancellor until April 1, 2021 to Establish Rules and Procedures Necessary to Combat the Spread of the COVID-19 Virus and to Facilitate the Continuity of the District’s Operations
- Consideration and Approval of Southern Computer Warehouse, Inc. and GTS Technology Solutions to the List of Approved Vendors for the Statutory Exempted Procurement Method Expenditures in the Amount of $400,000.00 (Not to Exceed) per Vendor
- Consideration and Approval of a 2-year Contract for iPhones from T-Mobile to be Used by Field Services Staff from Real Estate and Facilities and IT in the Amount of $187,538.40
- Consideration and Approval of Deductive Change Order for Contract with Infinity Contractors for Cooling Towers Replacement Project on the Southeast Campus in the Amount of -$55,406.00
- Consideration and Approval of Deductive Change Order for Contract with Fort Worth Electric for Chiller Replacement Project on Northeast Campus in the Amount of -$25,915.39
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on January 21, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of Three-Year Pricing Agreements with GTS Technology Solutions, Dahill Office Technology and NetSync Network Solutions for Replacement Computers; and Aggregate Annual Spend Authority Up to $2,300,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Chambers Engineering, LLC. for the Roof Drain and Water Ponding Repair Project on South Campus in the Amount of $277,907.36
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Cable’s Plumbing for Phase III of Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $387,199.01
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Jacobs Project Management Company for the District Bond Program Owners Representative Contract in the Amount of $25,529,795.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Skanska for the Redevelopment Construction Project on Northwest Campus in the Amount of $10,278,981.00
- Consideration and Approval of Architectural Services with Huckabee, Inc. for the Redevelopment Project on Northwest Campus in the Amount of $7,962,972.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Perkins & Will for Re-Development Design Services on Southeast Campus in the Amount of $1,917,124.00
- Information Reports
- Jacobs Bond Program Handbook – Revisions
- Report of the Chancellor
- Schedule of Upcoming Facility and Information Technology Projects
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 3 p.m. on January 11, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212