Tarrant County College and Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County are making it even easier for area residents to access both in-demand career training and an array of employment resources. On Monday, Sept. 11, Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County will open a Workforce Center on the College’s Northwest Campus (4801 Marine Creek Parkway, Fort Worth).
The Workforce Center, located on the second floor of the WSTU Building, will also house the TCC Career Services Office. It will provide extensive support for job seekers, including:
- Job listings and referrals
- Access to WorkinTexas.com, Texas’ most comprehensive, no cost, online job matching system
- Access to job banks, hiring events and job fairs across Tarrant County
- Weekly professional workshops
- Job coaching
- Information about available education, training and certification programs, including short-term basic skills training and certification for career pathways across multiple industies
- Access to Job Club, computers, internet, resume writing software, copiers and fax machine
- Access to community resource partners for services such as child care, transportation and financial aid
- Specialized employment services for veterans and their spouses
- Specialized services for customers with disabilities, including information and referrals, and assistive technology
“Tarrant County College has been a long-standing partner of Workforce Solutions and of this community,” said Judy McDonald, executive director, Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County. “Opening a Workforce Center on the Northwest Campus made sense. The focus of this center is on improving employability, enhancing job skills and identifying career pathways for job seekers and citizens of Tarrant County.”
The Workforce Center will also provide services for employers, customized to meet the needs for a qualified workforce:
- Matching of job applicants with employer requirements
- Advertising of job listings
- Applicant screening for qualified referrals
- Company-specific job fairs hosted on site at the Workforce Center
- Applicant interviewing facilities
- Outplacement services
TCC Northwest provides career training in a variety of high-demand fields, including aviation, criminal justice and fire protection technology.
“The addition of the Workforce Center and new bus routes serving TCC Northwest make the campus an even more important resource for this community,” said Louise Appleman, president of the TCC Board of Trustees and a member of the board for Workforce Solutions Tarrant County. “TCC Northwest will become a one-stop resource for Tarrant County residents who are seeking new professional opportunities and for the industries that support our local economy.”
The Northwest Workforce Center will be run by Center Manager Keycha Jones and will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call 817-413-4000 or visit workforcesolutions.net. This location joins five other workforce centers which are spread throughout Tarrant County.
An official grand opening is planned for late September.