Supporting materials for the board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available. For questions regarding the meeting agenda, please email email@example.com.
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 22, 2023, to consider the agenda described below:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Presentation (No comment/presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment should sign up in-person prior to the start of the meeting on Thursday, June 22, 2023, noting the nature of the comment to be made. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Swearing-in of Newly Elected Trustee for District 4
- Election of Board Officers
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes for April 29, 2023
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for May 11, 2023
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes for May 11, 2023
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes for May 16, 2023
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for May 18, 2023
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Agreement with Elsevier Nursing Assessment Tools in an Amount Not to Exceed $213,790.00 for Academic Year 2023-24
- Contract with Assessment Technology Institution for Clinical Experience Software to Support Three Two-Year Nursing Cohorts Completing in Academic Year 2025 in a Total Amount Not to Exceed $438,300.00
- Two-Year Renewal of Helicopter Training Agreement with Veracity Aviation in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,000,000.00 ($500,000 Annually)
- Two-Year License Renewal of Edmentum Courseware in the Amount of $109,088.75 ($53,544.38 Annually)
- Three-Year Agreement for West Print Library from Thomson Reuters in the Amount of $207,950.76 ($69,316.32 Average Annually)
- One-Year Renewal of Ex Libris in the Amount of $236,974.14
- Authorize Staff to Negotiate and Enter into a 5-Year Agreement with PageUp People Limited for Applicant Tracking Software System in an Amount Not to Exceed $700,000.00 (Including Annual Licensing of $66,800 Plus 5% Escalator)
- Modification of Order for Runoff Election to Reflect Final Polling Places
- BCG (LOCAL) – Board Evaluation
- Amend Local Policies DEA–Salaries and Wages; CGC–Emergency Plans and Alerts; and DEC–Leaves and Absences; and Rescind CDD (LOCAL)–Payroll Procedures
- Purchase of Network Firewall Replacement from General Datatech (GDT) for the Tarrant County College Police Department in the Amount of $295,645.05
- Purchase of Replacement Anatomage Tables for Trinity River Campus, Northeast Campus, Northwest Campus, Southeast Campus, and South Campus from Anatomage Inc. at a Total Cost of $633,775.00
- Purchase of Miller AugmentedArc Compact Welding Simulators from Airgas Inc. at a Total Cost of $178,410.00 to be Used in Partnership with the Tarrant County Jail for Pre-Release Training
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Contract Amendment No. 3 with Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P. to Provide External Financial Statement Auditing Services for Fiscal Year 2023 in the Amount of $151,000
- Contract Amendment No. 3 with Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P. to Provide Construction Auditing Services for the 2019 Bond Program for the FY24 First Renewal Option in an Amount Not to Exceed $129,525.00
- Cooperative Purchase Order Agreement with National Field Services for Preventative Maintenance of Electrical Systems at the Trinity River Campus in the Amount of $225,975.25
- Contract Amendment with Byrne | Potere | Hunt, a Joint Venture (BPH) for Work Authorization No. 2 for the Southeast Campus Renovation and Expansion Project for a Total Contract Amount Not to Exceed $37,300,896.00
- Contract Amendment No. 2 to Professional Services Agreement with FacilityRx, LLC, for Move Management Services for Northwest Campus Redevelopment Project and Southeast Campus Renovation and Expansion Project in an Amount Not to Exceed $751,754.00
- Contract with VLK Architects for Design Services for the Fiscal Year 2023 District Integrated Instructional Learning Environments (IILE) Classroom Renovations in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,594,025.00
- Contract with CMC Development & Construction Corporation, LLC for Construction Manager at Risk Services, Pre-Construction Services for the District FY2024 Integrated Instructional Learning Environments Project in the Amount of $30,000.00
- Design Contract Amendment No.2 with Hahnfeld Hoffer Stanford for Design Services for the FY22 Integrated Learning Environments Classroom Renovations in the Amount of $83,313.00
- Lease Agreement with Cradle to Career/Tarrant to and Through (T-3) for Office Space for a Term of Three Years with Two 1-Year Options to Renew at Trinity River Campus in Amount of $24,398.00 Annually Payable to TCCD
- First Lease Addendum with FWISD for 5-Year Renewal of Lease of the Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences Early College High School at the Trinity River Campus in the Amount of $46,865.00 Per Month Payable to TCCD
- Approval of Resolution Establishing a Homestead Exemption to Property Taxes Pursuant to Section 11.13(N) of the Texas Tax Code
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Report
- Investment Report
- Chancellor’s Report
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding Update
- Accolades and Chancellor’s Activities
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 8:17 p.m. on June 15, 2023
Media Contact: 817-515-5212