Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Board Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 19, 2021, to consider and act on the following Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, August 19, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of June 10, 2021 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- Approval of June 17, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of a LapSim ST Laparoscopic Training System from Surgical Science, Inc. in the Amount of $122,500.00 (Not to Exceed).
- Consideration and Approval of the Renwal with Edmentum (PLATO) for Library Courseware and Assessments from Edmentum Holdings, Inc. in the Amount of $115,607.50
- Consideration and Approval of Contract Renewal with Edfinancial Services for Financial Aid Call Center and Verification Processing for Student Financial Aid Services in the amount of $713,110.00
- Consideration and Approval of a 2-Year Renewal with Digital Architecture, LLC (DIGARC) for Online Course Catalog and Management Tools in the Amount of $110,010.00 ($55,050 Annually)
- Consideration and Approval of a 3-Year Renewal Agreement with Smarthinking 24/7 Live Tutoring Service from NCS Pearson, Inc. in the Amount of $345,000.00 ($115,000 Annually)
- Consideration and Approval of a 3-Year Agreement with Gale: A Cengage Company for a Subscription to Gale Access Program and Literature Criticism Online Database in the Total Amount of $298,727.87 (Annual Amount up to $99,000.00)
- Consideration and Approval of the Renewal with GoReact, Inc. for the GoReact Video Assessment Tool in the Amount of $109,062.80
- Consideration and Approval of Service Agreements with Ayers Saint Gross for Consulting Services Related to 3G8P Program Development and Planning Alignment in the Combined Amount of $249,383.20
- Consideration and Approval of Contract Amendment with Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P. to Provide Construction Auditing Services for the 2019 Bond Program for an Initial Term of Two (2) Years for a Total Cost Not to Exceed $261,525.00
- Consideration and Approval of a One-Year Renewal of Ellucian Maintenance in the Amount of $811,405.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract Renewal with Texas Industrial Security, Inc. (TSI) for Armed and Unarmed Security Services in the amount of $721,205
- Consideration and Approval of the Two-Year Extension and First Amendment to the Depository Contract with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Consideration and Approval of Tarrant County College District’s Non-Credit Tuition and Fees
- Ratification of Outside Counsel Fees for FY2020-21 and Consideration and Approval of Spending Authority for FY2021-22 with Pham Harrison LLC (Not to Exceed $200,000 for Each Year) and Winstead PC (Not to Exceed $125,000.00 for Each Year)
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Infinity Contractors Intl., Ltd., for the Roof Top Air Conditioning Unit Replacement Project at the District Multipurpose Center in the Amount of $112,000.10
- Consideration and Approval of Agreement with Texas Air Systems for Equipment Purchase for Chiller Expansion Project on the Southeast Campus in the Amount of $968,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of the Amendment to the Agreement with Jacobs Project Management Company for Asset Management Support related to the 2019 Bond Program in an Amount Not to Exceed $2,040,610.00
- Consideration and Approval of TCC’s FY2021-22 Insurance Renewals with McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc.; Roach, Howard, Smith & Barton; and Higginbotham in an Amount Not to Exceed $2,358,977.57
- Annual Review and Approval of TCCD’s Investment Policy and Strategy, Mineral Investment Policy, Investment Advisory Agreement w/ PFM Asset Mgmt LLC to be Assigned to U.S. Bancorp Asset Mgmt (up to $235,000 Annually) and FY22 Investment Brokers List
- Consideration and Approval of Job Order Contract – Trades Pool and Spend Parameters for Fiscal Year 2022
- Consideration and Approval of Expenditure Authority through Cooperative Agreements, State Contracts, Library Purchases and Inter-local Agreements for Various Commodities and Services for Fiscal Year 2022
- Consideration and Approval of First Renewal Amendment for District-Wide Custodial Services with ABM Texas General Services, Inc. For an Annual Amount Up to $5,439,950.52
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Approving the Operating Budgets and Capital Budgets of the TCCD for the Fiscal Year, Beginning September 1, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Setting the Proposed Rate of $0.13017 per $100 of Assessed Valuation for the Levy and Collection of an Annual Ad Valorem Tax on All Property Within the Boundaries of the TCCD on January 1, 2020
- Monthly Financial report
- Financial Report July 2021
- Investment Report July 2021
- Minerals Account Performance Report June 30, 2021
- Chancellor’s Report
- New Staff Member Introductions
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Update on Exercise of Authority
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 3:30 p.m. on August 16, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212