Supporting materials for the Board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings Web page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 20, 2021, to consider and act on the agenda described below.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, May 20, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Order Declaring Results of General Trustee Election
- Swearing-In of Elected Officials
- Election of Officers
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for April 8, 2021
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for April 15, 2021
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Regular Rental Rates for the Corporate Center for Learning and Development
- Consideration and Approval of Awarding Tenure to the Faculty Members Recommended
- Consideration and Approval of Agreement with Barnes and Noble for the Cost of Science Lab Kits for Students Paid with Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds, also known as Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act Funds
- Consideration and Approval of the Renewal of Rosetta Stone for Online Language Application in the Amount of $229,000.00 for a One-Year Term
- Consideration and Approval of the Purchase of Blackboard Ally Software from DLT Solutions, LLC, for a Three-Year Term in the Total Amount of $288,338.19 (Average of $96,112.73 Annually)
- Consideration and Approval of Annual Agreement with Microsoft Premier Support for Direct Access and Support Training in the Amount of $195,250.00
- Consideration and Approval of the Increase of the Spending Authority with General Datatech for Fiscal Year 2021 by $145,000 in the Amount of $2,645,000 (Not to Exceed) for the Purchase of Cisco Network Switches
- Consideration and Approval of the Renewal with Oracle America, Inc. Licensing and Technical Support in the Amount of $779,846.47 for a One-Year Term
- Ratification of Purchase of COVID-19 Hand Sanitizing Stations from Empire Paper in the Amount of $137,981.25
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Ratification of Purchase of District-wide Bipolar Ionization Additions with Texas Air Systems, Inc. in the Amount of $243,450.00 and with Heat Transfer Solutions, Inc. in the Amount of $193,620.00 (Total $437,070.00)
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Ayers Saint Gross for Tarrant County College Sustainability Master Plan Development Phase I in the Amount of $176,786.00
- Consideration and Approval of Construction Contracts with Multiple Contractors for the Annual District Classroom Renovations in the Amount of $3,011,450.05
- Consideration and Approval of Cooperative Agreement with Texas Refrigeration for Coil Replacement Project on Northwest Campus in the Amount of $168,688.00
- Consideration and Approval of a Contract with Freedom Construction for the Construction of the Trinity River Ophthalmic Exam Rooms in the Amount of $107,136.00
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Summary Update/Review of Income and Expenditures
- Review of Investment Portfolio
- Chancellor’s Report
- Update on Exercise of Authority
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
- Work Session Meeting: June 10, 2021
- Board Meeting: June 17, 2021
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 12:15 p.m. on May 17, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212