Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Work Session Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, February 11, 2021, to consider and act on the following Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1 p.m. CDT on Thursday, February 11, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Swearing-In Ceremony
- Review of Board Business Items
- January 14, 2021 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- January 21, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Overview
- Review of Proposed Consent Agenda Items for Board Meeting on February 18, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of FY2021 Mid-Year Pay Adjustments for All Employees
- Consideration and Approval of Amendment to TASB Local Policy DEA – Earnings and Salary Increases Section
- Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Expressing the Board of Trustees Commitment to Innovative Technology, Accessibility and Sustainability on New and Renovated Facilities
- Consideration and Approval of Student Fees for the Academic Year 2021–2022
- Consideration and Approval of the Recommendation for Faculty Tenure Awards
- Consideration and Approval of the Recommendation to Apply the In-County Tuition Rate to All Students Participating in the College’s Dual Credit Program Effective for the Academic Year 2021-2022
- Consideration and Approval of the Payment to Blackboard, Inc. for Hosting and Storage Overage Costs in the Amount of $405,000.00
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on January 21, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of a Request to Increase the Previously Approved Spending Authority for Dell Computer by $450,000 to a Limit of $1,200,000.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Consideration and Approval of an Initial 18-Month Contract with Three One-Year Options to Renew with Guardian Services for the Window Washing Services on Trinity River Campus and Trinity River East Campus in the Amount of $312,250.00
- Consideration and Approval of an 18-Month Contract with Three 1 Year Options to Renewal with Fish Window Cleaning for Services on South, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast Campuses, and Other Offsite Locations in the Amount of $216,084.84
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Perkins + Will for Design Work on Electronics Building Renovation Project on South Campus in the Amount of $441,483.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Freedom Construction for Construction on the Library Data Room Expansion Project on South Campus in the Amount of $631,354.00
- Report of the Chancellor
- Briefing – Regional Black Contractors Association
- Briefing – Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise Quarterly Report
- Informational Item/Briefing – Enterprise Resource Planning Project Update
- Strategic Update
- Schedule of Upcoming Facility and Information Technology Projects
- Informational Item – Faculty Promotions
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 1:45 p.m. on February 8, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212