Supporting materials for the Board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings Web page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, January 21, 2021, to consider and act on the agenda described below.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, January 21, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for December 10, 2020
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2020
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Order for May 1, 2021 Trustee Election for Districts #1, #2, #3 and May 1, 2021 Special Trustee Election to Fill the Vacancy for District #5
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Order for Election Services for May 1, 2021 Trustee Elections
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with AVOTECH for 10 Units of Avotek Trainers for the Aviation Maintenance Technician Program, in the Amount of $139,454.00
- Consideration and Approval of Amendments to CF(LOCAL) and CM(LOCAL) Related to Procurement Policies
- Consideration and Approval for the Elimination of Fund Balance Designations for Insurance, Future Operating and Future Capital
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution Granting Authority to the Chancellor until April 1, 2021 to Establish Rules and Procedures Necessary to Combat the Spread of the COVID-19 Virus and to Facilitate the Continuity of the District’s Operations
- Consideration and Approval of Southern Computer Warehouse, Inc. and GTS Technology Solutions to the List of Approved Vendors for the Statutory Exempted Procurement Method Expenditures in the Amount of $400,000.00 (Not to Exceed) per Vendor
- Consideration and Approval of a 2-year Contract for iPhones from T-Mobile to be Used by Field Services Staff from Real Estate and Facilities, IT, Risk Management, and Police in the Aggregate Amount of $187,538.40
- Consideration and Approval of Deductive Change Order for Contract with Infinity Contractors for Cooling Towers Replacement Project on the Southeast Campus in the Amount of -$55,406.00
- Consideration and Approval of Deductive Change Order for Contract with Fort Worth Electric for Chiller Replacement Project on Northeast Campus in the Amount of -$25,915.39
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Consideration and Approval of Three-Year Pricing Agreements with GTS Technology Solutions, Dahill Office Technology and NetSync Network Solutions for Replacement Computers; and Aggregate Annual Spend Authority Up to $2,300,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Chambers Engineering, LLC. for the Roof Drain and Water Ponding Repair Project on South Campus in the Amount of $277,907.36
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Cable’s Plumbing for Phase III of Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation on Northeast Campus in the Amount of $387,199.01
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Jacobs Project Management Company for the District Bond Program Owners Representative Contract in the Amount of $25,529,795.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Skanska for the Redevelopment Construction Project on Northwest Campus in the Amount of $10,278,981.00
- Consideration and Approval of Architectural Services with Huckabee, Inc. for the Redevelopment Project on Northwest Campus in the Amount of $7,962,972.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Perkins & Will for Re-Development Design Services on Southeast Campus in the Amount of $1,917,124.00
- Consideration and Approval to Authorize the Chancellor or His Designee to Enter into a Contract with Intelligent Buildings, LLC to Prepare a Smart Buildings Master Plan for the District in the Amount of $150,000.00 (Not to Exceed)
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Summary Update/Review of Income and Expenditures
- Review of Investment Portfolio
- Chancellor’s Report
- New Staff Member Introductions
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
- Work Session Meeting: February 11, 2021
- Board Meeting: February 18, 2021
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 1:15 p.m. on January 18, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212