In keeping with Tarrant County College’s commitment to serve the community, TCC Career Services offices are hosting a variety of events this fall to connect students and the community with employers and career development opportunities.
TCC Southeast (2100 Southeast Parkway, Arlington)
- Back-to-School Job Fair Wednesday, Sept. 12, with more than 50 employers participating from a broad range of industries. The fair will take place in the campus’s Main Commons from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Job seekers are encouraged to dress professionally and bring copies of their résumé.
- Fall workshops include “How to Find Your Passion” (Wednesday, Oct. 17), “How to Gain Work Experience” (Wednesday, Oct. 31) and “Recruiting Trends” (Wednesday, Nov. 14). Presentations will be given from 11 a.m. to noon in TCC Southeast’s North Ballroom.
- A Career Services open house is planned from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7 (ESEE 2103A). For more information on TCC Southeast events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-515-3592.
TCC Trinity River (300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth)
- Fall job fair, scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19, will include 70 employers along the campus’s Main Street (TRTR second floor).
- On Tuesday, Oct. 16, Career Services will hold a career round table with industry experts who will assist students with résumés, interview skills and job search tips. The round table takes place 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Action A (TRTR fourth floor). For more details on TCC Trinity River events, contact email@example.com or 817-515-1054.
TCC South (5301 Campus Drive, Fort Worth)
- “Nacho Average Job Fair” Wednesday, Sept. 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in SSTU Dining Hall.
- Career Services will host workshops on degree pathways (Monday, Oct. 1) and transitioning from degree to career (Monday, Oct. 22) as well as a panel discussion with employers (Monday, Nov. 5). Sessions will be held 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (SSTU Living Room) and 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (SETC Fusion Room).
- On Tuesday, Oct. 23, and Wednesday, Oct. 24, Career Services will host “Pizza and a Plan,” focusing on career planning and students’ MyPlan results. Sessions will be held from noon to 2 p.m. in SSTU 1102A. For more information on TCC South events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-515-4551.
TCC Northeast (828 W. Harwood Road, Hurst)
- Career Services’ second annual Alumni Lunch and Learn on Thursday, Sept. 20. The event, from 12:20 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in NSTU Center Corner, marks the campus’ 50th anniversary. Alumni will speak about their experiences at TCC and where they are now.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 16, and Wednesday, Oct. 17, the Career Services team will conduct résumé reviews on the campus lawn from 11 a.m. to noon. The event comes in preparation for the Fall Job Fair, Tuesday, Oct. 23, from noon to 3 p.m. The fair will feature opportunities with 50 employers.
- A “speed networking” activity is planned for Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in NSTU Center Corner. Career Services will hold a presentation on effective networking and then give students the opportunity to practice networking with real employers and each other.
- TCC Northeast Career Services will hold an internship fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14 (NLIB first floor). Some 20 companies with internship opportunities will be on campus to speak to students.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 27, TCC Northeast Career Services will hold its Dress for Success fashion show and retail recruitment event in the NSTU Café Commons from noon to 1:30 p.m. The event will help students put together professional outfits and meet representatives from retail stores that are hiring. For more information and additional TCC Northeast Career Services events, contact email@example.com or 817-515-6692.
TCC Northwest (4801 Marine Creek Parkway, Fort Worth)
- Several “20-Minute Career Café” events will be held throughout the fall, with topics including how to transition from the classroom to the workforce (Wednesday, Sept. 26), dressing for work (Wednesday, Oct. 31), business etiquette (Tuesday, Nov. 6) and job searching (Wednesday, Dec. 5). All “20-Minute Career Café” events are held from 12:15 p.m. to 12:35 p.m. in the WSTU Water’s Edge café.
- The First Responder and Helping Professions Job Fair is planned for Thursday, Oct. 4, from 9:30 a.m. to noon in WCJC 1205.
- A veteran-focused job fair will be held Friday, Oct. 19, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in WSTU 1305.
- On Thursday, Nov. 15, the Aviation, Transportation and Logistics Job Fair will take place from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Erma C. Johnson Hadley Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics (2301 Horizon Drive, Fort Worth). For more information and additional TCC Northwest Career Services events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-515-7785.