FORT WORTH, Texas (June 22, 2017) – The Tarrant County College Northwest Campus chapter of Business Professionals of America (BPA) earned high honors at BPA’s National Leadership Conference in Orlando, Fla.
BPA is the preeminent association for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and related career fields. The National Leadership Conference featured a variety of contests, testing business-related skills through written exams and presentations. TCC students competed against hundreds of other students from community colleges and universities across the country.
- Victoria Devoll and Collin Curry, 1st place in financial analyst team
- Jonathan McNamee, 1st place in presentation management, 3rd place in contemporary issues
- Victoria Devoll, 2nd place in graphic design promotion
- Collin Curry, 4th place in managerial accounting
- Griselda Gonzalez, 5th place in business law and ethics
“These are extraordinary results which reflect the hard work of our students as well as their excellent preparation by our business studies faculty,” said Zarina Blankenbaker, Ph.D., president of Northwest Campus. “What our students learn on campus and are able to demonstrate in competition gives them the real-world experience to be effective, valued professionals from the start of their careers.”
TCC’s BPA chapter has competed in National Leadership Conference contests since 2009. The College offers a range of business programs, such as accounting, entrepreneurship, management, marketing and office technology. For more information, visit the TCC website.