Visit the Board Meetings page to watch the livestream and access supporting materials. For questions regarding the meeting agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take notice that the Monthly Work Session Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 10, 2023, to consider the agenda described below:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Presentation (No comment/presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment should sign up in-person prior to the start of the meeting on Thursday, August 10, 2023, noting the nature of the comment to be made. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Review of Board Business Items
- June 15, 2023 Work Session Meeting Minutes
- June 21, 2023 Special Meeting Minutes
- June 22, 2023 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
- Trustee Remarks
- Chancellor’s Overview and Announcements
- Review of Proposed Consent Agenda Items for Board Meeting on August 17, 2023
- Amendment of CAIA(LOCAL) – Ad Valorem Taxes: Payments and Exemptions to Reflect Board Adoption of a Homestead Exemption, Over-65 and Disabled Exemptions, and Over-65 Tax Freeze
- Texas Association of School Boards (“TASB”) Update 45, additional changes to DM(LOCAL) and DCA(Local)
- Disposition of Dormant Agency Funds
- Purchase of Digital Inclusion Order with Verizon Wireless in the Amount of $252,000.00
- Transfer of Funds to Information Technology Capital Fund (Fund 46) to Pre-Fund IT Infrastructure Program
- Dickies Arena License Agreement TCC Commencement Ceremonies in an Amount Not to Exceed $185,000 for the 2023–2024 Academic Year
- Consideration and Approval of Expenditure Authority through Cooperative Agreements, State Contracts, and Inter-local Agreements for Various Commodities and Services for Fiscal Year 2023–2024
- Contract for Depository Banking Services with JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. for a Term of Four (4) years with Two Two-Year Options to Renew
- Renewal of Palo Alto Support and Maintenance Subscription from Solid Border, Inc. in the Amount of $181,447.00
- Renewal of Letter of Commitment to North Central Texas Council of Governments Regarding Funding of Trinity Metro EasyRide Program and Authority to Contract with VIA for Ridesharing in Southeast Tarrant County Areas Not Served by Trinity Metro
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on August 17, 2023
- Contract with US Aviation Group, LLC to provide Professional Pilot Flight Training in an Amount Not to Exceed $ 3,000,000 Annually for a Term of One Year with Four Additional One-Year Options to Renew
- FY2023–2024 Insurance Renewals with McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc.; Roach, Howard, Smith & Barton; and Higginbotham in the Amount of $2,821,658
- Service Agreement with SW Elevator, LLC for District-Wide Elevator and Lift Maintenance and Repair Services for an Initial Two-Year Term and Three Optional One-Year Renewals in a Not to Exceed Initial Term of $306,240 and $175,000 Annually Thereafter
- Contract Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services Agreement with FacilityRx, LLC, for October 2023 Move 3 Moving Services for the Northwest Campus Redevelopment Project in the Amount of $145,427.00
- Service Contract Amendment 05 for District-Wide Custodial Services with ABM Texas General Services, Inc. in the Amount of $5,980,204.95
- Contract Renewal No. 2 with Guardian Services for Window Washing Services on Trinity River and Trinity River East Campuses in the Amount of $196,077.15
- Contract Renewal No. 2 with Fish Window Cleaning for Window Washing Services at South, TCCOC, Northeast, ODMC, Northwest, Alliance, and Southeast Campuses in the Amount of $162,111.64
- Amendment to Contract with Talent Corporation, LLC. for the Second Optional Renewal of Professional Employer Service for Skilled Construction Maintenance Trades Workers in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,100,000.00
- Board of Trustees Endorsement of the FY2024 Five-Year Capital Improvements Plan; Transfer of $7,646,728 of Savings from the FY2022–2023 Operating Budget to Cash-Funded Capital Plan (Fund 40)
- Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Setting the Proposed Rate of $_______ per $100 of Assessed Valuation for the Levy and Collection of an Annual Ad Valorem Tax and Designating the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector as the Designated Officer
- Resolution: Adopt Operating, Capital and Debt Service Budgets; Adopt Salary Increase; Ratify Tuition; Delegate Administrative Authority
- Chancellor’s Report
- Briefing: Quarterly MWBE Report
- Briefing: Quarterly Bond Report
- Informational Memo: Monthly Bond Program Report
- Informational Memo: 3rd Quarter Financial Report
- 12 Month Board Calendar
- Personnel Matters
- Lindsey Phillips Name Clearing Hearing
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Discussion of Potential Expansion of Law Enforcement Training and Firing Range Facilities to Accommodate Anticipated Additional Enrollment
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 1:50 p.m. on August 4, 2023
Media Contact: 817-515-5212