Supporting materials for the board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available. For questions regarding the meeting agenda, please email email@example.com.
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, 2022, to consider the agenda described below:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Presentation (No comment/presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment should sign up in-person prior to the start of the meeting on Thursday, August 18, 2022, noting the nature of the comment to be made. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees Minutes for June 2, 2022
- Approval of Board of Trustees Minutes for June 23, 2022
- Approval of Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees Minutes for June 24, 2022
- Approval of Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees Minutes for June 25, 2022
- Trustee Activities
- Consideration and Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Consideration & Approval of Purchase of Lab Kits for TCC Connect Online & Weekend College Biology 1408 & 1409 Courses from Barnes & Noble College at Estimated Cost Not to Exceed $340,000 Annually through Current 5-year Term Barnes & Noble Agreement
- Consideration & Approval of Contract with EdFinancial Services, LLC d.b.a. EdAmerica to Provide Financial Aid Call Center & Verification Services for Initial Period of 3 Years with Two 1-Year Renewal Options for Total Cost Over 3-Year Period of $2,130,451.20
- Consideration & Approval of 3-Year Colocation Service Order with Dawn US Holdings, LLC d.b.a. Evoque Data Center Solutions for Alternate Data Center Operations in Total Amount of $389,600.00 (Year 1 $130,400.00; $129,600.00 Annually Thereafter)
- Consideration & Approval of 3-Year Agreement with Strata Information Group to Provide Colleague Support in the Amount of $1,954,800.00 (Up to $633,600.00 the first year, $651,600 year two & $669,600 year three) Plus Two 1-Year Options to Renew
- Consideration and Approval of Individual Action Items
- Consideration of Community Response to the Proposed Redistricting Maps Posted on the District’s Website and Scheduling of Public Town Hall Meetings to Facilitate Additional Public Input
- Consideration & Approval of the Connectivity Proposal with Verizon Wireless in the Amount of $488,809.20 ($40,734.10 Monthly)
- Consideration & Approval of Expenditure Authority through Cooperative Agreements, State Contracts, and Inter-local Agreements for Various Commodities and Services for Fiscal Year 2022-23
- Consideration & Approval of Amendment #3 to Agreement for Professional Design Services with Perkins & Will, to Provide Construction Documents & Administration for SE Campus Wayfinding & Signage, & Add Owner’s Controlled Contingency in Amount of $969,657.00
- Consideration & Approval of Purchase Order to General Datatech, L.P., to Supply Wireless Access Points & Network Switches for IILE Classrooms Renovations on NE and SO Campuses in the Amount of $326,432.45
- Consideration & Approval of Amendment #4 for District-Wide Custodial Services with ABM Texas General Services, Inc. in the Amount of $5,652,367.63
- Consideration & Approval of Contract Renewal with Fish Window Cleaning for the Window Washing Services on SO, NE, NW, and SE Campuses including All Offsite Locations in the Amount of $157,165.71
- Consideration & Approval of Window Washing Services on Trinity River and Trinity River East Campus with Guardian Services in the Amount of $192,232.50
- Consideration & Approval of Agreement for Procurement and Installation of Furniture with WRG, LLC, on Northwest Campus Redevelopment Project in the Amount of $995,495.38
- Consideration & Approval of Agreement for Procurement and Installation of Furniture with GL Seaman & Company on Northwest Campus Redevelopment Project in the Amount of $1,326,460.36
- Consideration & Approval of Agreement for Procurement and Installation of Furniture with Intelligent Interiors, Inc, on Northwest Campus Redevelopment Project in the Amount of $1,844,531.35
- Consideration & Approval of Annual Spend Authority using Cooperative Agreements for Landscaping and Grounds at Multiple Locations with ABM Texas General Services, Inc. in the Amount of $507,388.64
- Consideration & Approval of TCC’s FY 2021-22 Insurance Renewals with McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc.; Roach, Howard, Smith & Barton; and Higginbotham in the Amount of $2,561,082.92
- Consideration & Approval of Transfer of $5 Million from Operating Fund to the Interest & Sinking Fund for the Purpose of Increasing the Fund Balance in Compliance with CC(LOCAL) Requirement of 2-3 Months of Highest Annual Debt Service
- A Resolution Approving the Operating Budgets and Capital Budgets of the Tarrant County College District for the Fiscal Year, Beginning September 1, 2022 and Ending August 31, 2023
- A Resolution Setting Proposed Rate of $0.13017 per $100 of Assessed Valuation for Levy & Collection of Annual Ad Valorem Tax on All Property Within Boundaries of TCCD on January 1, 2022 & Designating Tarrant County Tax Assessor as Designated Officer
- Consideration & Approval of Letter of No Objection to the Foreign Trade Zones Board Allowing for the FTZ Designation through the Alliance Corridor FTZ #196 for Prairie Industry Holdings, dba Truvant Located at 280 S. Intermodal Parkway in Haslet, TX
- Consideration & Approval of 3-Year Contract with the Tax Assessor/Collector through Tax Year 2024 in an Annual Amount up to $2,000,000
- Consideration & Approval of the Purchase of an Automated Media Preparator and Plate-Pouring System for Life Science Labs from K&R Technologies, LLC d.b.a. Microbiology International for a Total Cost of $448,576
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Report July 2022
- Investment Report July 2022
- Interim Chancellor’s Report
- New Staff Introduction
- Accolades and Interim Chancellor’s Report
- Board of Trustees Planning Calendar
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Consideration of general guidance and compensation for the Interim Chancellor together with associated personnel planning.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 12:36 p.m. on August 15, 2022
Media Contact: 817-515-5212