Supporting materials for the work session meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available. For questions regarding the meeting agenda, please email
Take notice that the Work Session of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity River Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, December 9, 2021, to consider the agenda described below:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment (No comment/presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment should sign up in-person prior to the start of the meeting on Thursday, December 9, 2021, noting the nature of the comment to be made. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Review of Board Business Items/Trustee Remarks
- Review of Draft Minutes for November 11, 2021 Work Session of the Board
- Review of Draft Minutes for November 18, 2021 Monthly Board Meeting
- Trustee Remarks
- Chancellor’s Overview
- Review of Proposed Agenda Items for Board Meeting on December 16, 2021
- Consideration and Approval of the Purchase of Hardware from Apple Incorporated to Acquire Apple Macintosh Computing Devices for Labs in the Amount of $430,972.05
- Consideration and Approval of the Purchase of Hardware from Microsoft Corporation and Pathway Communications, LTD to Acquire Mobile Education and Conferencing Devices in the Amount of $439,434.46
- Consideration and Approval of Hardware Purchase from Advanced Tech. Consultants, SHI Gov’t Solutions, Oxford Medical Sim., Microsoft Corp, gigXR, and Skilitics Health to Acquire Virtual and Augmented Reality Software and Devices in Amount of $371,986.50
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Air Balancing Company, Inc. for Testing and Balancing Services, on the Southeast Campus Renovation and Expansion Project, an Amount Not to Exceed $728,520.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Terracon Consultants, Inc., for Materials Testing Services, on the Southeast Campus Renovation and Expansion Project, in an Amount Not to Exceed $159,478.40
- Consideration and Approval of a Letter of No Objection to the Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ) Board Allowing for the FTZ Designation through the Alliance Corridor FTZ for TTI, Inc. for the Facility Located at 5050 Mark IV Parkway, Fort Worth, TX
- Consideration and Acceptance of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report for the Fiscal Years Ended August 31, 2021 and 2020
- Consideration and Approval of Payment of Tarrant College District’s Pro-Rata Allocation of the Tarrant Appraisal District 2022 Budget for Services Associated with Levying a Property Tax in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,386,704.36
- Report of the Chancellor
- Informational: Monthly Bond Program Report
- Briefing: Smart Building Technology Master Plan Endorsement
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Work Session Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 1:15 p.m. on December 6, 2021
Media Contact: 817-515-5212