Project development and construction group Skanska recently provided December 2020 and January 2021 updates for the TCC Northwest bond project.
TCC Northwest Project Updates
- Phase I of the TCCD NW Campus Redevelopment Project is well underway, with MWBE firms participating at greater than 44% to date.
- Phase II is slated to begin with the ongoing commitment to vendor diversity and project inclusiveness.
Phase II and III Bids
Phase II bid opportunities are currently in process. Phase III bid opportunities will begin in March 2021.
The major trades and scopes for Phase II and III bidding focus on utilities, civil/earthwork, underground infrastructure and electrical.
The major trades and scopes available for Phase II and III bidding are:
- Building pads
- Chemical inject/moisture
- CHW/Thermal piping
- Clear and grub
- Concrete washout
- Demolition hardscape
- Demolition landscape
- Demolition utilities
- Domestic water
- Fire water
- Lime stabilization
- Patch and repair concrete
- Rock excavation per Geo Tech
- Sanitary sewer
- Stockpile spoils
- Storm drain
- Street sweeper
- Wheel wash stations
Skanska offered a preview of upcoming events.
- January 28, 2021: General Contractor/Subcontractor Virtual Matchmaking & Outreach
- February 2021: Construction Management Building Blocks (CMBB). Courses in the program to include: Planning & Scheduling, Field Management, Pre-Construction, Business Development, Construction Law, and more.
- May 2021: Mentor Protégé Program
Spotlight on Success
Meet One of the Project’s MVP’s
TX TinMan Enterprises, LLC (TinMan Enterprises) is a veteran-owned, woman-owned, minority business enterprise based in Fort Worth, TX. We provide fabrication, fencing, and welding serving clients across Texas. Since 1999, TinMan Enterprises’ clients, across various sectors including commercial, industrial, aviation and government, have relied on the firm’s expertise for their most important steel and metal fabrication projects.
TinMan Enterprises has been able to strategically leverage its certifications to participate in some significant projects in the DFW area including the TCCD Bond Program. Separately, TCCD and Skanska have demonstrated commitment to their MWBE programs. As a result, when Acari reached out to attend the TCCD-Skanska joint kickoff mixer in November 2019, TinMan made it a priority to attend. At the mixer, we were able to meet new project contacts, re-connect with some previous contacts, and learn what Skanska was looking for in their subcontractor partners to best serve the owner, TCCD.
The Northwest Campus Project has given us a chance to enhance existing relationships with both TCCD and Skanska. The project is a shining example of quality, safety, and inclusion. We can have all these traits while still building a rich, vibrant economy for all.
Our marquis projects include:
- Gexa Pavilion Renovation
- Toyota Music Factory
- TX Live Entertainment Complex
- Live! By Loews Hotel
- New Rangers Baseball Stadium