Supporting materials for the Board meeting will be provided on the Board Meetings Web page. Once the meeting has begun, streaming video of the proceedings will also be available.
Pursuant to the authority granted in the Declaration of Emergency issued by the Office of the Texas Governor on March 13, 2020, and in the subsequent suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act on March 16, 2020, in an effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus by avoiding large group meetings while still ensuring continued governmental operations and preserving transparency:
Take notice that the Monthly Meeting of the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees will be held telephonically/video conferencing and at the TCC Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, commencing at 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2020, to consider and act on the agenda described below.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment/Special Presentation (No presentation shall exceed three minutes.)
- Members of the public wanting to make public comment at the meeting must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. CDT on Thursday, November 19, 2020, noting the nature of the comment to be made and a telephone number where you can be reached during the meeting. Registered participants will be called in the order their requests were received and joined to the meeting telephonically during the “Public Comment” portion of the meeting.
- Board Business Items and Announcements
- Approval of Work Session Meeting Minutes for October 8, 2020
- Approval of Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes for October 15, 2020
- Approval of Special Meeting Minutes for October 21, 2020
- Trustee Activities
- Finance & Audit Committee Report
- Consideration and Approval of Consent Agenda
- Consideration and Approval of Four New Programs with Multiple Awards/Levels for Implementation in Fall 2021
- Consideration and Approval of a Letter Agreement with Barnes and Noble to Invoice TCCD for the Cost of Science Lab Kits Ordered by Students to be Paid Using CARES Act Funds When Eligible
- Consideration and Approval to Purchase 3 Snap-On Tool Kits for Instructional Use in the Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) Program in the Amount of $158,291.21
- Consideration and Approval of the Purchase of a 5-year Agreement with TeamDynamix Through Reseller SHI Government Solutions in the Total Amount of $728,454.00
- Consideration and Approval of FI (LOCAL) Solicitations Policy Revision
- Consideration and Approval of FLA (LOCAL) Student Rights and Responsibilities/Student Expression and Use of College Facilities Policy Revision
- Consideration and Approval of FM (LOCAL) Discipline and Penalties and FM (REGULATION) Administrative Conduct Procedures Policy Revisions
- Consideration and Approval of the Modification of Board Policy DEC (Local) to Provide for Use of Accrued Leave for Catastrophic Illness of a Family Member and Parental Leave
- Consideration and Approval of Deductive Change Order with Chambers Engineering for the FY2019-20 Scaffolding Project at Northwest Campus in the Amount of -$106,076.81
- Review of Proposed Individual Action Items for Board Meeting on November 19, 2020
- Consideration and Approval of the Purchase of a 5-year Agreement for Instructure Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) in the Amount of $3,969,058.12
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Beck Architecture, LLC for Phase One Research & Discovery for Wayfinding & Signage Program Services District-Wide in the Amount of $164,080.80
- Consideration and Approval of a Contract with Farnsworth, Inc. for Commissioning Services for the Redevelopment of Northwest Campus in an Amount Not to Exceed $700,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of Services with Huckabee, Inc. for Architectural Services for the Redevelopment of Northwest Campus an Amount Not to Exceed of $9,511,471.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Jacobs for District Bond Program Owners Representative Contract in the Amount of $26,270,795.00 from December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2025
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Perkins & Will for Re-Development Design Services on Southeast Campus in the Amount of $2,182,654.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Royer Commercial Interiors for the Third Floor Corporate Services Renovation at the Erma C. Johnson Hadley Center of Excellence in the Amount of $857,691.36
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Weatherproofing Services, LLC for Roof Replacement for South Campus in the Amount of $919,519.00
- Ratification of Proposal with Texas Air Systems, Inc. for COVID 19 – District-wide Bipolar Ionization Additions in the Amount of $128,150.00
- Authorization of Contract Addendum No. 2 with ABM Texas General Services, Inc. to Extend the Duration of the Enhanced COVID-19 Services through Spring/Summer 2021 and Increase Spending Authority by $233,000.00
- Consideration and Approval of Contract with Air Balancing Company, Inc. for Inspection and Calibration Services of Fume Hood and Exhaust Fans District-Wide in the Amount of $239,633.75
- Consideration and Approval of Resolution and Amended and Restated Participation Agreement to Authorize Tarrant County College District Participation in Haslet Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #1 and Appointment of Representatives
- Monthly Financial Report
- Financial Summary Update/Review of Income and Expenditures
- Review of Investment Portfolio
- Chancellor’s Report
- New Staff Member Introductions
- College Accolades
- Recent Activities
- Closed Session
The Board will conduct a closed meeting in order to discuss matters permitted by the following sections of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may reconvene in open session and act on any item listed on the Executive Session Agenda in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
To seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or any matter in which the duty of the attorney to the District under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Legal issues regarding any item listed on today’s District Board Meeting agenda.
- Section 551.072, Deliberations Regarding Real Property
Deliberate the purchase, sale, exchange, lease or value of real property where deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the District in negotiations with a third party.
- Section 551.074, Deliberations on Personnel Matters
Deliberate appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Chancellor’s Performance Review and Contract
- Section 551.076, Deliberations on Security Devices or Security Audits
Deliberate regarding the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices.
- Section 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
- Consideration and Action on Closed Session Items
- Adjournment and Announcement of Next Meeting
- Work Session Meeting: December 10, 2020
- Board Meeting: December 17, 2020
For requests for ADA accommodations, call 817-515-5242, 817-515-5187 (TTY), or email ADA.email@example.com
Posted 12:30 p.m. on November 16, 2020
Media Contact: 817-515-5212