The Connect4 web series, hosted by project development and construction group Skanska, was held during May and June to provide TCC Northwest bond project updates.
The three-part series, watched by 196 community members, included a project overview, contract and exhibit review, and project safety requirements.
TCC Northwest Project Updates
Completion of Phase I Bids
The Phase I bid process ended July 22.
The major trades and scopes available for Phase I bidding were:
- Concrete foundations, drilling
- Masonry (including re-skin)
- Structural and miscellaneous steel
- Roofing, WP/DP, metal panels
- Doors and hardware
- Interior glass
- Drywall, acoustical ceilings
- Fire protection
- Low voltage
- Site utilities
Thirty-five percent of vendors that prequalify for bids are located in Tarrant County.
Skanska provided next steps and an updated timeline for the project.
- April 2020: Completed standard deviation (SD) estimates.
- August 2020: Complete Phase I bidding
- February 2021: Complete Phase II bidding
Business and Community Support
The web series had participants and support from the following groups:
- Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Worth Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Black Chamber of Commerce
- DFW Minority Supplier Development Council
- Regional Black Contractors Association
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- National Minority Association of Contractors
- Women’s Business Council Southwest