As many of you know, winter months here in Texas can present some serious challenges to any vehicle. Although most modern vehicles are designed to handle inclement weather conditions, there are some basic steps you should take as days get shorter and temperatures start to drop.
James Martin, automotive technology instructor at Tarrant County College South, compiled a list of tips to help keep your vehicle running:
- Have your antifreeze tested
- Have your tires inspected and maintain proper pressure
- Check your wiper blades
- Keep your fuel tank at least half full at all times
- Get your vehicle serviced regularly and keep up with the maintenance
- Pack a winter safety kit (Google can provide valuable tips on this)
Martin’s list underscores TCC’s commitment to serving the community. Read more about the Automotive Technology program at TCC South.