Five Tarrant County College students took top honors at the Business Professionals of America national leadership conference this month in Grapevine.
These students, who represented TCC Northwest, competed against nearly 500 others from community colleges and universities across the country in workplace skills assessments. Contests included written tests as well as scenario-based exercises. TCC’s students placed in the top 10 for every event entered.
- 1st place, presentation management: Kristina Gebel
- 2nd place, college accounting: Conner Burt
- 2nd place, managerial accounting: Christian Anglin
- 2nd place, financial math and analysis: Conner Burt
- 6th place, fundamental word processing: Rachel Wood
- 6th place, interview skills: Micayla Martinez
- 9th place, management, marketing and human resources: Rachel Wood
“Our students have been working toward this competition since last fall, and their performance is definitely reflective of their hard work, dedication and preparation,” said Jaye Simpson, coordinator of accounting programs at TCC Northwest. “The skills they demonstrated here will serve them well in all of their professional endeavors. We are so proud that they received the recognition they deserve.”
TCC offers a variety of business, management and administration programs, including accounting, entrepreneurship and small business management, fashion merchandising, marketing and office technology. Explore programs at tccd.edu/academics.